A MISTRESSES DAILY
Written by Megan Crouse - June 22, 2014
1. What was your audition process like for Mistresses? Were you put with Jason George or Alyssa Milano to make sure those chemistries would work well?
I was cast off tape. The day I auditioned, I remember being very excited and anxious to show what I had prepared with the material given. I was ready! When I got to the building there were so many people before me. They were looking at the role of Mickey too. And I was the last one of the girls. Almost two hours later, it was my turn. When I went in, I felt right at home with Mary Jo Slater and Kimberly Ehrlich (Casting Director, Casting Assistant). They are so cool! We did the scenes, they were on tape, and when I was done I remember Mary Jo looking at me with a big smile saying: "You had a lot fun with that, didn't you?!" I knew I'd killed it. That afternoon I found out I was the top and only choice for the role! It was the best feeling!
2. What was it like working with those two (Jason George and Alyssa Milano) especially and how was it playing the ‘antagonist’ of the story?
Both Alyssa and Jason are so down to earth. Working with genuinely good people is such a blessing. And when they have as much experience as those two, you know you're getting an education. I was nervous at first, but the second I met them they made me feel right at home and very welcome. It was a true pleasure to work with them, a great lesson and an experience I will never forget!
Playing the antagonist of the story was an absolute blast! It's just fun! I don't know why? I couldn't wait for a new script to come out. I would read and go: "OH no! She's so evil! I love it!!!" Haha!
3. ‘Toni’ seems like a very fun and very talkative character to play and I love her wardrobe! Did you have a favorite line / scene or favorite costume you wore during filming?
Yes!!! I had a few favorite costumes but I think at the top of the list is the dress I wore in 'Toni's' very last scene of the season :(.
4. Can you give us fans any hint as to where your character is headed towards the mid-season / season finale?
I don't think I can ... I don't wanna get in (hint, hint) #trouble!
5. Lastly, if you could describe your character in one word, what would it be?
Thank you guys for the amazing support! You've made this so much more than I'd imagined!
With love, Rebeka Montoya
Mistresses Airs MONDAYS at 10/9c on ABC
Follow Rebeka Montoya on Twitter
Rebeka, thank you so much for doing this interview for my website! 'Toni' is one of those characters that we love-to-hate and you're doing an amazing job on the series! Even though you couldn't say where your character is headed, I think all fans are very excited to see what's going to happen throughout this season. Thank you for your answers and thank you for the shout out!
Much appreciation ~ Megan Crouse xx
© Mistresses Daily